Schedule a school visit
- Tour the facilities, observe a classroom and speak with the faculty! Please email to see the Montessori philosophy in practice.
Submit an Application
- Applications for enrollment are available during your school tour, can also be downloaded from our website under the Admissions Forms tab, or you can request a mailed application.
- Previous school records are needed for children with prior school experience.
- A teacher recommendation is requested for children applying for grades 2-8.
Student classroom visits by design, are meant to be engaging and fun! One of our teachers will guide your child through the Montessori experience via a prepared lesson and exploration of the classroom environment.
- Student visits take place during school hours.
- Preschool and kindergarten children come for a morning visit. Elementary and middle school students are invited for a half-day shadow visit to meet other students and see whether our school is a good fit.
- The goal of our student visit is to assess each child’s needs and determine if SSMS has the resources to meet them.
- Please note that the classroom visit will only be scheduled after receipt of the admissions application, the $100 application fee, and all required records.
- A strong relationship between school and home is an essential component of each child’s education. The family interview is the first step in building that relationship. The family interview is scheduled by the Admissions Team and is an opportunity to determine whether our philosophy is congruent with the family’s and to answer detailed questions about the school year. It’s important for us to meet both parents whenever possible. This interview is usually scheduled during the child’s classroom visit and takes place with the Head of School.
- Within 1-2 days of the family interview, you will be notified about your child’s admissions status.