Most tuition reductions at SSMS are based on a family’s demonstrated need. A select group of students, however, may be eligible for a merit scholarship through the Joann Fox Merit Scholarship Program. Awards granted through this program are based on strong academic potential as well as strength of personal characteristics that include a strong sense of independence and a love of learning.
To be eligible for a Joann Fox Merit Scholarship, a student must be an applicant for admissions to SSMS as a new fourth, fifth, sixth, or seventh grade student. Current 3rd and 6th grade students are also eligible to apply.
Students who are eligible for the Joann Fox Merit Scholarship will demonstrate:
- High academic potential
- Strong character
- Outstanding citizenship
- Involvement in meaningful activities outside the classroom
All Scholarships are awarded for the duration of a student’s enrollment at SSMS. A student must remain in good standing in the School community.
Merit Scholarship Application Process
- Complete SSMS admissions process
- Complete scholarship application
- Submit a short essay on one of the following prompts:
- Describe a person or event that has had a major impact on your life.
- Describe how you would like to influence the world.
- Provide current school student records for the past two (2) years, including standardized testing
- Provide two letters of recommendation from individuals who can speak to your character and work ethic.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Newly enrolled recipients of Merit Scholarships will be notified within two (2) weeks of the Admissions process.
- Scholarships are awarded for the duration of the student’s enrollment at SSMS, as long as the student remains in good standing within the community.