What is the Joan Ducas Indexed Tuition Fund?
South Suburban Montessori School (SSMS) seeks students whose families are committed to the vision of the school and to using their own resources as much as possible to make this education their top priority.
The primary expense of a private school is tuition payments which go to support the cost of teachers, supplies, and facilities. Families whose current financial circumstances may not fully support the financial obligations of sending their child to SSMS are encouraged to submit an application for The Joan Ducas Index Tuition Fund. The Joan Ducas Indexed Tuition Fund is similar to other need-based financial aid programs and allows families to apply for reduced tuition based on financial circumstances and need. At no point would the amount of tuition need to be repaid to South Suburban Montessori School.
How the Program Works
- Students must be enrolled or in the admissions process (admissions application must be submitted at SSMS).
- The Indexed Tuition application and corresponding documentation must be supplied to SSMS external provider, FACTS Grant & Aid Assessment Services.
- Upon receipt of all required documentation, FACTS will process the application.
- Applicants will be notified of the results of their application within three weeks of receipt by SSMS.
- Gifts are granted based on the recommendations from FACTS up to 50%.
Frequently Asked Questions
- There is a nominal fee payable to FACTS by families for this service.
- This process is completely confidential, and ensures the privacy of the applicant and the recipient of the Indexed Tuition award.
- It is the family’s responsibility to ensure all corresponding documents are submitted to FACTS. SSMS does not review the documentation.
- All financial information and tuition reductions constitute a confidential agreement between SSMS and the recipient family. Breach of confidentiality on the part of the recipient family could result in the amendment or withdrawal of the tuition reduction.
Submit your application and all documentation to FACTS (online.factsmgt.com/aid).
The following information is required by our provider, FACTS:
- Copy of rental/mortgage agreement.
- Copies of any current loan agreements and proof of debts.
- Copies of the last payroll checks for parents/step-parents/guardians.
- Copies of W2’s for all parents/step-parents/guardians.
- Copies of the previous year’s tax returns for all parents/step-parents/guardians.
- Copies of most recent investment and/or RIF account statements.
- Other documents as required by FACTS and/or SSMS.